Consultant Paediatrician to cover Maternity Leave
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Fixed term: 10 months (Substantive role - Potential to be extended beyond 10 months)
- Full time - 10 sessions per week
- Royal Lancaster Infirmary
- £82,096 - £110,683 per annum
- 12/12/2021 23:59
''A great place to be cared for; a great place to work''
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay has been nationally recognised as the UK’s most inclusive NHS organisation. As such we have a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from likeminded people who can support our ambition to become effortlessly inclusive. We are particularly keen to hear from protected groups – including BAME, LGBT+ and people with a disability.
Main duties of the job
The CYP team provides hospital-based acute Paediatric care, neonatal services, scheduled day case and outpatient care, and safeguarding.
The Rota comprises a 1 in 8 ‘hot week’ (including provision of support to the Level 2 Neonatal Unit), and clinic weeks.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality services within the children and young people’s services regularly benchmarking to improve practice
- Make a positive contribution to the management and financial strategies of the Trust in line with our values and Behavioural Standards Framework
- Work to strengthen links with primary and community colleagues
- Have an active role in research
- Meet maximum waiting time targets
Working for our organisation
We are a University teaching hospital full of hard working and dedicated staff providing community and hospital services across the Morecambe Bay area.
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises.
Quality shines throughout the Trust, and the awards that our Care Groups, corporate teams or individuals have either won, or been shortlisted for, show the achievements are being recognised at a national level.
We are absolutely committed to making the Trust ‘a great place to be cared for; a great place to work’ through the delivery of the highest possible standards of compassionate care, as well as our research and education strategy to provide the very best patient and staff experience.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Full details of main responsibilities can be found in the attached job description and person specification for this role.
Application for this fixed term post will only be accepted if you are in the process of obtaining your CCT/CSER within six months of interview.
Interview Date : TBC
- Full GMC with a licence to practice and entry on Specialist Register or in the receipt of CCT within six months of interview
- Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (or equivalent)
- Completed Specialist Training (or equivalent) in Paediatrics
- Completed and up to date with APLS/NLS (or equivalent)
- Acute and non-acute paediatric problems, including medical, surgical, child protection, resuscitation, and neonatal care
- Proven experience in clinical audit
- Experience of clinical supervision of juniors and relevant staff in other disciplines
- Recent active involvement in delivery of Medical Education and multi professional training
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with patients, their parents and other relatives and with colleagues in all disciplines
- Able to travel to meet the requirements of the post
- Evidence of attendance at appropriate professional meetings and courses/ meeting requirements of CPD
- Clinical supervision skills training
- Previous participation in a management role
- Evidence of the development of leadership skills within the work environment
- Completion of Educational Supervision training
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Wajid Sultan
- Job title
- RLI Clinical Lead - Consultant Paediatrician
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
If you want to find out more about us please visit our website: Home :: University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (uhmb.nhs.uk)
Welcome to UHMB - Please take a look: